POSITION OPEN ANNOUNCEMENT
Position: Instructor, Nursing
Proposed Hire Date: January 02, 2024
For First Consideration, Applications Must Be Received By: December 12, 2023
Brief Description of Position: As a member of the team under the direction of the Department Head of Nursing, the instructor is responsible for the planning, selection, organization, supervision, facilitation, and evaluation of the learning experiences of nursing students in specified nursing courses. Nursing faculty are expected to commit to the philosophy and objectives of the Nursing Program and the College and work together to foster quality nursing education and patient/client care and an outstanding reputation for excellence and professionalism.
For additional responsibilities, duties, and information please visit our website at
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with completion of active enrollment in a Master of Science in Nursing program is required.
- Master of Science in Nursing or related field (e.g., Nurse Education) is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of full-time clinical experience as a Registered Nurse or the part-time equivalent.
- Three years of full-time clinical experience as a Registered Nurse or the part-time equivalent is preferred.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina required.
- Preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, is preferred. (NOTE: If instructor does not meet this qualification on hire, they must be prepared to complete additional education and/or professional development to meet North Carolina Board of Nursing requirements.)
Salary: Hiring Range – Minimum to Midpoint ($4,997 – 6,560 /monthly) 9-month contract
Application Procedure: Applications must be submitted online
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.