ATTORNEY (Labor Relations Specialist)
Required Application Type
School Related Personnel
$70,000 - $90,000/Year
Support and represent area school districts in labor and education law issues and conduct related research. Reports to In-house Counsel (Labor Relations Administrator).
- Conduct research and draft memorandum on a wide array of labor and education related issues on the management side
- Act as chief negotiator for labor negotiations
- Draft and proof documents
- Conduct employee misconduct investigations
- Act as a hearing officer for Superintendent Hearings
- Create outlines and PowerPoints for presentations/trainings
- Review and compare data for labor contracts
- Act as district representative at labor related hearings (i.e., grievances, PERB hearings, arbitrations, Unemployment Insurance hearings, §75 hearings)
- Make presentations to various audiences on various labor-related topics
- Provide prompt responses to district inquiries effectively and efficiently
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships
- Other assigned duties as requested
Civil Service Title
Must be admitted to the New York State Bar and in good standing, plus a minimum of one (1) year of Labor Relations experience.
Experience in negotiating labor contracts, and familiarity with Education Law preferred.
Candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to demonstrate professional composure and aptitude in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
Please apply online at: https://monroe2boces.recruitfront.com/Account/Login
Please refer to above Required Application Type to complete before applying.