Spanish Speaking Elementary Bilingual Teacher
SPANISH SPEAKING ELEMENTARY BILINGUAL TEACHER
This is a full time position in a dual immersion (Spanish-English) elementary charter school. This is a unique opportunity to join the staff of a dual immersion, holistic charter school.
- PA elementary teaching certification
- BS or BA Degree required
- Bilingual communication skills (reading, writing, speaking) in both Spanish and English
- Required security clearances
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of research and trends in teaching and learning styles, as well as, teaching and learning strategies to meet a wide range of student learning styles and abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills to include the ability to work effectively with teachers, parents and students from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Collaborate closely with the English bilingual teacher to effectively plan lessons that promote the maximum growth of students
- Work effectively with students, staff, community members and parents from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- Seek community input to implement a curriculum that reflects the diversity of students
- Provide leadership and demonstrate willingness to seek and provide professional growth and development in the area of Elementary Education
- Develop and implement innovative methods for serving students in a school with a flexible schedule
- Contribute to the school's inclusive workplace efforts by fostering a safe, welcoming, and respectful environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned by school administration in accordance with school policies and practices.
Email Resumes via email by clicking the APPLY button!
Vida Charter School invites you to apply to our unique Dual Language program. Joining the Vida team means becoming a member of our dynamic community, one which our staff describes as warm and welcoming. Vida Charter School offers our new teachers and staff with opportunities to grow and develop professionally, as we continue to learn and implement innovative methods for celebrating the diversity of each student in a bilingual and multicultural setting. Founded in 2009, Vida is a brick-and-mortar public elementary school serving children in grades K-6 in a 50/50 English/Spanish bilingual model. As a public school of choice, Vida enrolls any child whose families share our commitment to developing students’ biliteracy, bilingualism, and sociocultural competence, with a current enrollment of approximately 240 children.