Cybersecurity Technical Specialist
The Criminal Justice Institute (CJI), a division of the University of Arkansas System, is currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position: Cybersecurity Technical Specialist
For the Cybersecurity Defense Initiative (CDI) program Visit our website at https://www.cji.edu/who-we-are/employment/ for full details.
CJI is an AA/EOE Employer. Sexual Assault Training for Rural Law
Summary of Job Duties:
The Cybersecurity Technical Specialist position is a technical provisional position directly accountable to the Cybersecurity Programs Manager and is responsible for the development and delivery of cybersecurity courses nationwide via the U.S. Department of Homeland Security grants. The Cybersecurity Technical Specialist acts as a technical advisor to the Program Manager, and to other grant program support staff as assigned. This position is governed by the Criminal Justice Institute (CJI) and University of Arkansas policy and procedures, as well as state and federal law. Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Duties of this position include course facilitation and management, providing assistance as requested with grant deliverables, and frequent travel to various locations nationally to plan, set up, delivery, and assist with the instruction of cybersecurity courses.
Education and/or Experience: Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements upon approval of the Director of the Criminal Justice Institute.
1. Associate degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related discipline preferred.
2. Three years of experience as a computer technician.
3. Three years of experience working with information systems.
4. Knowledge of local area networking.
5. Experience or knowledge of working with and maintaining computers in a training lab-based environment.
6. Experience or knowledge about working in a virtual computing environment.
7. Prior experience with CISCO networking products is preferred as well as a CISCO Certification.
8. Knowledge of computer security (experience preferred).
9. Frequent nationwide travel is required.
Required Documents to Apply:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of five Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume