School Psychologist/Counselor (Grades K-4)
The Peck School, a co-ed, K-8, independent school in Morristown, NJ, seeks a part-time School Psychologist/Counselor to support grades K-4. The ideal candidate will have a robust background in child development, with a focus on social and emotional well-being. Skillful communication is essential as this role requires collaboration across constituencies, working with students, parents, colleagues, and outside resources. Under the umbrella of health and wellness, this individual teaches classes to elementary students and spearheads training and talks for parents and faculty. Familiarity with individual and group counseling, character education, preventive services, and diagnostic assessments is essential, along with the ability to maintain systems for documentation and the sharing of relevant information. The Psychologist/Counselor functions as a key member of a highly collaborative Student Support Team.
The ideal candidate will be caring, creative, results-oriented, and deeply committed to the community’s well-being. A core belief at Peck is that our teachers are our most important asset. Qualified applicants are offered top-tier pay, exceptionally strong benefits, and a robust professional development program.
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- Experience working with schools, ideally students in grades K through 4.
- Licensed/Certified School Psychologist, Counselor, or Social Worker, required.
- Expertise in learning assessment and accommodation implementation with elementary students.
- Ability to lead and motivate peer teams that monitor student progress.
- Prior experience organizing and delivering social-emotional learning programs.
- Strong skills in counseling, conflict resolution, and community referral.
- Ability to lead faculty, student, and parent training to promote a positive learning environment.
- Expertise in crisis management.
The Peck School seeks to create a culture of belonging and connectedness. We welcome the unique contributions brought by individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and highly motivated educator to partner with an outstanding faculty. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for four professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly reference the job title in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please. We encourage you to visit our website, www.peckschool.org, to learn more about our program and mission.