Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor
Job Title - Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Morristown is accepting applications for the position of a full time Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor for our instructional site located at 340 Piper Street, Morristown, Tennessee.
Application Submission and Review:
For consideration, qualified applicants who are interested should submit a detailed resumé, a copy of active A & P License, a copy of post-secondary Airframe and Powerplant Diplomas, education transcripts, and a completed TCAT Morristown employment application including, qualifications and salary requirements. Employment applications are available at the Morristown campus and can be downloaded and printed from our website by clicking "apply" on this job posting.
- Aviation/Aircraft Mechanics post-secondary training; adhering to 14 CFR Part 147, related to aviation schools
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic License
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience as a licensed A & P mechanic
Airframe and Powerplant diplomas and/or associate degree in aviation mechanics
- The Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor will be responsible for teaching all airframe and powerplant phases including: general, electrical, airframe structures and systems, and reciprocating and turbine engines.
- Must remain current in the Aviation/Aircraft Maintenance profession and maintain program accreditation and certification status
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality
- Organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher/instructor
- Evidence of teaching ability and demonstrate desire to interact with adult students
- Good computer skills
- Must have the ability to complete reports/paperwork and meet deadlines
Applications and related documents will be accepted until close of business on Friday, July 7, 2023.