School Readiness Aide
JOB TITLE: School Readiness Aide
DEPARTMENT: Early Childhood Education
This position is responsible to meet and maintain staff ratios and to provide a safe environment in the Early Childhood Education classroom.
- Maintain appropriate staff ratios in the classroom.
- Be present to cover during Lead Teacher preparation, planning and/or break times
- Be present to cover during Assistant Teacher preparation, planning and/or break times
- Be aware of daily schedule and classroom activities
- Substitute in the classroom as necessary
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of and safety in the classroom.
- Assist with the needs of the children in all facets of caring for the child and to accomplish developmentally appropriate benchmarks
- Assist in safety checks as necessary
- Assist in clean-up or sanitation of classroom or materials
- Provide educational opportunities to children.
- Assist in learning center, small group or large group activities
- Assist in assessing or documenting information about children
- Attend meetings and trainings to further develop potential of self and the organization.
- Attend all scheduled trainings
- Attend meetings/trainings on-time
- Prepare and submit paperwork.
- Submit paperwork to office within assigned deadlines
OTHER DUTIES OF JOB
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Ensure children’s safety through sight sound and mobility
- Must pass initial and periodic physical exam
- Eat meals with children as part of the learning environment
- Perform other related duties as required
- Must maintain confidentiality of children, families and staff
- Follow established agency policies, safety standards, and applicable regulations
Supervision is received from the Education Managers.
- High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- CDA preferred
- CDA will be required within two years of start date of employment as an SRA
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- FBI, Act 33/34 Clearances
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certification