Student Success Coach
Student Success Coach- PT, Temporary
SUNY Broome Community College is seeking a dedicated and proactive Grant funded, Part-time, temporary, Student Success Coach to track and provide direct support to students accepted into the Broome-to-Binghamton (B2B) program and related initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct outreach to accepted B2B program students, discussing program parameters, goals, and next steps.
- Serve as a consistent guide for students from initial enrollment to successful transfer.
- Establish connections with high school counselors and stakeholders, working collaboratively with counterparts at Binghamton University.
- Create detailed status reports on incoming and continuing B2B students, maintaining records on interactions and ensuring key milestones are reached.
- Support messaging, activities, and events aimed at ensuring retention and successful transfer.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and one (1) year of full-time work experience with students, customers, or clients required OR
An Associate's degree in a relevant field and three (3) years of full-time work experience with students, customers, or clients required.
Higher education experience, particularly in a community college setting is preferred. One-on-one or group coaching and/or workshop or presentation development experience preferred.
The hourly rate for this position is $29.17 an hour.
Offers of employment will be conditional based upon the results of a satisfactory, required pre-employment Standard Background Check.
SUNY Broome Community College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity and inclusion of the campus community and curriculum. The institution is committed to promoting an environment of equity, inclusion, and respect for others. SUNY BCC is committed to the diversity of its community. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
For best consideration, application materials must be received no later than Tuesday, February 20, 2024. SUNY Broome will continue to review and consider applications until these positions are filled. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, and phone number of three (3) references to: