Senior Staff Assistant
SUNY Broome Community College has an immediate opening for a part-time, temporary grant-funded Senior Staff Assistant. The Senior Staff Assistant will work with registered apprentices. They will review the related instruction crosswalks, talk with the College’s department Chairs and Advisors to ensure the apprentices are selecting appropriate courses, ensure apprentices have completed their FERPA forms, facilitate their course registration and other required steps on campus (parking pass, books, certificate of residency, etc.), gather information for intake forms and training details, and work with the Finance office on the invoicing process. This employee would also refer the apprentices to the appropriate on and off campus offices as necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support employers and apprentices in selecting the appropriate coursework as it relates to their registered trade including working with College’s department chairs and advisors as well as how it relates to appropriate micro credentials, certificates and degrees.
- Provide support for participants to assist with navigating enrollment, course selection, and registration processes for credit and non-credit courses/programs.
- Provide and refer to on-campus support and guidance to foster retention and community partners for wrap around services.
- Ensure the students complete the appropriate paperwork necessary to participate in the apprenticeship program.
- Collaborate with campus offices to ensure the financing and invoicing is accurately reported.
- Track student information and progress and complete required SUNY forms.
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
Additional training and education in the applicable administrative field is desirable.
Two (2) to three (3) years of experience working in an educational institution or in a related administrative function is desired.
One (1) year of supervisory experience is required.
Human Services experience or additional experience with any of the functional responsibilities of the position is preferred.
The hourly rate for this position is $24.28/hour.
Offers of employment will be conditional based upon the results of a satisfactory, required pre-employment Standard Background Check.
SUNY Broome Community College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity and inclusion of the campus community and curriculum. The institution is committed to promoting an environment of equity, inclusion, and respect for others. SUNY BCC is committed to the diversity of its community. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
For best consideration, application materials must be received no later than Tuesday, February 20, 2024. SUNY Broome will continue to review and consider applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, and phone number of three (3) references to: