Associate Vice President and Dean of STEM and Workforce Development
SUNY Broome Community College is a comprehensive community college located in the scenic Southern Tier of New York. The College has over 12,000 students annually, and services over 6,500 students per semester in Liberal Arts, Business & Professional Studies, Health Sciences, and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs. An additional 5,500 students are served through the College’s community education and non-credit programs.
SUNY Broome Community College is seeking a full-time Associate Vice President and Dean of STEM and workforce Development (AVP/Dean) who will report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The AVP/Dean of STEM and Workforce Development is responsible for program planning, evaluation and administration in the division(s) assigned; for faculty recruitment, supervision and evaluation; for student recruitment and advisement; for the maintenance of all appropriate records; for supervision of all chairpersons and coordinators of the constituent departments and programs. The AVP/Dean represents the division(s), its (their) faculty, students, and programs to all constituencies.
The AVP/Dean oversees Workforce Development and is responsible for the expansion of Workforce Development offerings within the community. The incumbent also works with the respective academic divisions to further develop workforce opportunities and pathways from non-credit to credit programs.
As AVP/Dean, the incumbent oversees responsibilities for Academic Initiatives of broad based impact on students, faculty, staff, and the community at large. The AVP will seek community connections within our catchment area as well as the development of regional or state-wide distance education networks.
- Supervises the evaluation of the performance of all faculty annually and makes recommendations on retention, tenure, and promotion.
- Oversees the Director of Education, Training & Workforce Development, and participates in extensive outreach.
- Represents divisional needs to various service departments.
- Supervises the writing of grants within the division and works cooperatively with appropriate college personnel in developing final grant proposals.
- Works with departments in maintaining student records as required.
- Supervises selection, purchase, maintenance, and inventory of all equipment.
- Administers the student and faculty grievance processes.
- A Master’s Degree is required; doctorate preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in higher education is required including a combination of both teaching and academic management.
- Ability to relate fairly and objectively with all employees and students.
- Possess an understanding of the various conceptual and methodological features of the disciplines offered within the division(s), and a sense of how these disciplines are integrated in the pursuit of knowledge and in the promotion of learning.
- Ability to motivate faculty to perform well, improve, and participate in divisional and college affairs.
The minimum salary for this position is $119,174.
Offers of employment will be conditional based upon the results of a satisfactory, required pre-employment Standard Background Check.
SUNY Broome Community College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity and inclusion of the campus community and curriculum. The institution is committed to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for others. SUNY BCC is committed to the diversity of its community. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
For full consideration, application materials must be received no later than Friday, February 16, 2024. Please attach a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, and phone number of three (3) references.