Middle School Everyday Building Substitute Teacher
South Fayette Township School District is seeking a Middle School Everyday Building Substitute Teacher.
To support the teaching and learning needs of the building as assigned by the building principal
To create a flexible program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth
To establish effective rapport with the students
To motivate pupils to develop skills and knowledge needed to provide a good foundational education
To motivate pupils to apply understanding and skills in accordance with each pupils ability
To establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members
1. Valid Pennsylvania teaching certificate
2. 3.0 or higher QPA
3. Proof of ongoing professional or educational experience
4. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
5. Computer literacy
1. Teaches the assigned academic subject(s) to pupils in a classroom, using the approved course of study adopted by the South Fayette Township School District.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Follows and utilizes the teacher-directed lesson plans and instructional materials in order to provide individualized and small group instruction so as to meet the needs of each pupil.
4. Implements lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
5. Utilizes designated instructional technologies to engage students and enhance instructional practices for students.
6. Provides written or electronic communication to the absent teacher to describe what material, assignments, assessments, and/or tasks were covered.
7. Communicates any concerning student behaviors and/or communications to building administration.
8. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional, safe learning atmosphere in the classroom.
9. Evaluates pupils academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports, as necessary.
10. Communicates with parents to discuss pupils progress and interpret the school program, as necessary.
11. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
12. Maintains professional competence through staff development provided by the district and incorporates the techniques into everyday instruction, as assigned.
13. Maintains professional competences through self-selected professional growth activities.
14. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
15. Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district and state testing procedures, as assigned.
16. Demonstrates computer literacy by providing all correspondence and written documentation using the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, online learning management systems, communication tools, and student collaboration tools.
17. Demonstrates computer literacy in using the administrative software program effectively to maintain and retrieve student information and attendance data and to maintain student grades and performance assessments in an electronic grade book.
18. Utilizes available technologies to engage students and enhance instructional practices for students.
19. Flexibly fulfills the daily instructional assignments and responsibilities as determined by the principal or designee.
20. Other duties as assigned by the principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the South Fayette Township Board of Education and the South Fayette Education Association.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the building principal and communicated to the superintendent for review.