Student Assistance Professional - Behavioral Health
Student Assistance Professional – Behavioral Health
Tukwila School District, Foster High School
June 16, 2022
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a dynamic, highly skilled Behavioral Health Student Assistance Professional to provide direct services to students (ages 10-21) at risk of mental health concerns and their families at Foster High School in response to the increasing behavioral health needs of students due to the COVID pandemic. Behavioral Health Student Assistance Professionals provide an array of mental health services including administering and interpreting screening and assessment, utilizing evidence based mental health practices to guide prevention and intervention services, and coordinate with school staff and community resources for the purposes of mitigating and/or reducing behavioral health concerns, and improving health and learning preparedness. This is a 1-year, school schedule position with potential to extend, dependent on funding. This position will be located at Foster High School in the Tukwila School District.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. Please note that for staff in positions interacting with or working directly with children, a full COVID-19 vaccination is required. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to using a racial equity lens
- Bachelor’s degree in the below or related fields with job-related experience OR Associate’s degree with progressively responsible job-related experience: Counseling, Education, Human Services, Psychology, or Social Work
- Professional experience working with youth ages 10-21 in a counseling or case management role
- Experience collaborating with professionals from multiple disciplines with the goal of improving behavioral health outcomes for children and youth
- Experience with evidence-based mental health practices and child/family wellness and recovery
- Professional work experience working within a school environment or youth serving agency
- Experience with child/adolescent group counseling
- Experience working with diverse populations
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application, and official transcripts may be required within two weeks of hire.
Location: Foster High School, Tukwila School District
Job Type: School Schedule, 185 days/1,480 hours; 1-year duration with potential to extend
Salary: $24.79 – $32.52 Hourly (Salary Band C)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support – Student Support Services
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 12 sick days, pro-rated for school schedule staff
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Monday, July 4 2022. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of July 11 – 15 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers