Job Opening Announcement
Opening July 8-18, 2022 closing at 1:00 pm
Job Title: Teacher
Salary: $16.52-$18.87 an hr.
DOQ + full benefits
Get Paid to Play!
1. Will provide child development services to each child on caseload through Parents as Teachers curriculum.
2. Provide a successful, safe, and supervised educational setting for children while they are in the Head Start environment (classroom, outdoor play area, and field trips.)
3. Will plan and carry out the Head Start Prenatal to 5, Educational Program and its objectives by being completely familiar with the Program performance standards, Education Written Plan and Creative Curriculum.
4. Promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of Head Start children.
5. In the capacity of supervisor, help Teacher Assistants build their competence in accomplishing all job duties.
6. Involve parents in the development of the program’s curriculum and approach to child development and education. Encourage parent involvement in all aspects of the program.
7. Develop, with the family, individual goals for children and families, provide on-going assessment on progress, and facilitate transition into kindergarten. An Opportunities, Inc. employment application must be completed for consideration.
Qualifications: (Preference given to applicants who meet the highest level of credentialing requirements as outlined in the Head Start Act)
1. Must be able to perform Essential Functions/ Special Requirements of the job.
2. A baccalaureate or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE); OR A baccalaureate or advanced degree and coursework equivalent to a major relating to ECE, with experience teaching preschool-age children; OR An associate’s degree in ECE; OR An associate’s degree in a related field and coursework equivalent to a major relating to ECE, with experience teaching preschool-age children.
3. Proven verbal and written skills.
4. Knowledge and ability to seek out and utilize resources that will assist in achieving program goals and objectives.
5. Must have valid Montana Driver’s License, MT required vehicle insurance, and a good driving record.
6. Must provide proof of current MMR and TDAP immunizations or be willing to get required immunizations.