Physical Education Teacher
We are currently searching for a Physical Education Teacher for our school.
We are looking for someone that is experienced in Physical Education, and is willing to teach at the Middle School and High School Level. Our private school is small and the teacher would only have 3-5 students per class. We offer a very pleasant environment for learning and teaching. The position would be full-time with benefits.
Physical Education Teacher Job Description and Daily Duties
Physical education teachers ensure the physical education curriculum promotes a physically active lifestyle; develops cooperation, teamwork, and sportsmanship; and provides ample opportunity for students to engage in regular physical activity that promotes normal growth and development.
The job description and daily duties of a physical education teacher includes the following:
- Measure student progress to encourage the mastery of school district/state/national standards
- Celebrate individual and collective accomplishments by teaching the importance of self-improvement
- Create appealing lessons that implement a variety of methodologies
- Cultivate student awareness and ownership of personal performance
- Design, plan, and implement physical education lessons based on school district/state/national standards
- Encourage teamwork as to set collective and personal development goals
- Ensure accommodations and modifications are made for the growth and development of all students
- Ensure that the physical education environment is clean, safe and constructive for all students
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, rhythms and dance, health education, and individual, dual and team sports
Competent and capable physical education teachers are professionals who:
- Are able to communicate their expectations to students and families and work with them to ensure they are achieving personal goals
- Consistently address the needs of individuals students
- Demonstrate the use of proven, research-based strategies for effective classroom management, lesson planning, active student engagement, and instructional delivery
- Support a school’s share vision and common goals regarding physical education and physical activity
Ongoing, daily duties of physical education teachers include:
- Employing a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media that is consistent with the physical limitations, needs, and capabilities of individuals students and/or groups of students
- Guiding students in maintaining acceptable standards of classroom behavior
- Maintaining records of individual student achievement and evaluating students on a continuous basis
- Meeting and instructing assigned classes at designated times
- Preparing for classes and maintaining written evidence of preparation
- Upholding and enforcing school rules, school board policies, and administrative regulations
- Working with other members of the physical education staff to plan instructional goals, objectives, and methods
Physical Education Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, flexible disposition.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Valid Driver's License
- FBI Fingerprint Background Check
- Child Abuse History Clearance
To apply, please click "Apply Now".