Veterinary Technology Instructor
Minnesota North College-Vermilion Campus is seeking to hire an unlimited, full-time Veterinary Technology Instructor who is committed to excellence in teaching and learning; using active and experiential learning strategies; creating a student-centered environment; teaching students from a wide variety of backgrounds; and working collaboratively with colleagues to create a successful student learning environment.
- Associate degree in veterinary technology from an American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program or doctorate in veterinary medicine.
- Three full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in veterinary medicine or technology.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of the application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Current Minnesota certification as a Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) or current Minnesota license as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.)
- All new faculty must complete the teaching and learning requirement during their probation period.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to active and experiential learning strategies.
- Demonstrated familiarity with and commitment to the mission and constituencies of a comprehensive community college.
- Teaching experience with a diverse learner population.
- A commitment to cultural diversity, inclusive teaching, and student success.
Instructors work 171 days during a nine-month academic year and receive excellent benefits. Under the collective bargaining agreement with the Minnesota State College faculty (MSCF), new instructors to the Minnesota State College Faculty system receive an actual salary placement based on education and related experience.
Minnesota North College is comprised of six campuses including Hibbing, Itasca, Mesabi Range (Eveleth and Virginia), Rainy River, and Vermilion. Our campuses are rooted in their communities’ rich histories of providing access and opportunity to higher education across northern Minnesota for over 100 years. We are committed to our role as leaders in education, partnering with local schools, business and industry, and government to create opportunities for students and the region remains steadfast.
We look forward to continuing to serve our students, employees, and communities long into the future, and we hope you choose to Head North and join us as an employee for Minnesota North College!
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Includes low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, sick leave, paid personal days. Learn more at: https://mn.gov/mmb/segip/
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
Click apply today for all the details to be considered.
Position open until filled
Application review will begin March 27, 2023
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This document can be made available in alternative formats such as large print, Braille or audio tape by calling Carmen Bradach, VP of Human Resources (218) 550-2502. AA/EO, Veteran Friendly