First Grade Teacher
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School
Vacancy for the 2023-2024 school year
1st GRADE TEACHER
Full-time 10-month school year position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible to the K-12 Principal.
- Responsible for curriculum/lesson plans for the instruction of regular academic elementary subject areas, i.e.: Math, Science, Social Studies, Reading, writing and Spelling.
- Responsible for record keeping of the aforementioned classes, i.e.: attendance, grade reports, quarterly reports, class scheduling, progress reports.
- Participate in progress monitoring; referral process.
- Assists in morning, noon and afternoon hall and recess monitoring.
- Meets with parents, in conjunction with the principal and Counselor regarding student progress reports, disciplinary measures and attendance.
- Responsible to learn and infuse, to the greatest extent possible, Ojibwe Language and Culture into all curriculum/lesson plans.
- Assist with the implementation of Ojibwe Cultural practices, knowledge and skills.
- Participate in professional development; including PLC’s, literacy, classroom management.
- Other supervisory duties as assigned (recess, lunch coverage, etc.)
- Elementary Education certification.
- Experience/training in Trauma Informed Care, Google Classroom, Virtual Teaching experience.
- Coaching/Extra Curricular preferred.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: All positions
- Background investigation, drug test.
- Must be supportive of the philosophy, concept, policy and procedures of the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe-Waadookodaading School.
- Native American preference in employment.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and credentials.
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School - HAYWARD WI
ATTN: Preston Larson-HR Director