Guilderland Central School District Is Seeking Teaching Assistants and Aides:
What you should know about being a part of the Guilderland CSD:
- We are here to support students! We are dedicated to Empowering all students to succeed in the 21st Century.
- We’re all about teamwork! We value the voices of our employees, collaboration, and collegial support.
- We care about our community! It is important to us to represent and contribute to the community we serve.
- We work hard! We believe in lifelong learning and are motivated to continuously improve.
- We are willing to train the right candidate! We want you to build your career with us!
How You Will Spend Your Days as a Teaching Assistant:
- Supporting students with disabilities in general and special classrooms.
- Helping to prepare and organize instructional materials with our teachers.
- Building positive relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
Are you a good fit? The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A child-centered philosophy and a willingness to work with students.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and staff.
- Good judgment, problem-solving skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Regular attendance, acceptance of responsibility, willingness to follow established procedures, cooperation and the ability to react appropriately to changing work conditions.
- Candidates must hold NYS Teaching Assistant Level I, II or III Certification, or NYS Teacher Certification Preferred. If you do not presently hold your TA certification, opportunities are still available.
When you work with us, we offer:
- Competitive starting salary.
- Premium health insurance options, including dental and prescription coverage.
- A fantastic schedule with paid sick and personal time.
- Ongoing professional development and with pre-approval, college tuition reimbursement.
- Retirement benefits.
- Opportunities for growth. If you do not presently hold your TA certification, opportunities are still available. You may serve as an aide/monitor as we assist you through the certification process.
Email Resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Or US mail to
Mr. Regan D. Johnson, PO Box 18, Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Note: The selected applicants will be subject to fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001