Communications & Marketing Coordinator
GREEN COUNTRY TECHNOLOGY CENTER
DISTRICT NO. 28
POSITION: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Superintendent
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
EXPERIENCE: Work experience in Business Administration, Public Administration, Marketing, Graphic Design and/or Public Relations preferred.
SKILLS: Understanding and coordinating marketing, recruitment and retention efforts and activities.
Excellent human relations skills especially as it relates to the completion of inter-office and intra-office assignments in a team environment; Ability to demonstrate initiative with minimal
supervision including planning, executing and completing assignments promptly while managing multiple priorities and answering to multiple individuals; Ability to effectively organize and retrieve information in both electronic and hard copy form.
Proficiency in the use of a variety of multi-media and technology equipment in a school setting (computer, SmartBoard, projectors, multiple-line telephone, facsimile, photocopier, large format
printers, etc.); Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, Outlook, Internet, and strong organizational and mathematical computation skills; Ability to prioritize tasks and perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER: Professional, dependable, trustworthy, team-oriented, selfless, and discreet. Be willing and able to travel to local, state, and federal trainings and meetings.
DEPENDABILITY: Punctual and regular attendance following a designated work schedule; At times, must be able to work extended hours and additional days/evenings as required by position responsibilities.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL STANDARDS: Ability to read, comprehend and evaluate varied documents;
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks originating from a variety of individuals; Ability to stand for long periods; Requires stooping, bending, pulling, lifting, handling, and carrying of such articles
as books, manuals, files, photocopies, technology/office equipment, and job-related items. Multi-tasking skills are a necessity.
EMOTIONAL EFFORT: Moderate to extreme; Frequent deadlines requiring concentrated effort and overtime work; Must be a self-starter; Must have the ability to prioritize time, assignments, and projects while handling a high volume of tasks from multiple individuals;
Ability to handle high-stress situations at peak periods of activity and during special events
SALARY SCHEDULE: L1-12 / L2-12 / L3-12
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Certified Administrator Personnel; Exempt (12 Month Contract)
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Coordinate and oversee the district's marketing, recruitment, and retention strategies and activities and ensure these are implemented in a timely and effective manner. Execute and monitor the district's communications strategies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Collaborate with GCTC administration, instructors, and support staff to create awareness of and to promote GCTC programs and services to internal and external audiences throughout the district via different mediums of communication including but not limited to: Internet, newspaper, direct mail, magazines/publications, rack services, GCTC web site, radio, television, social
media, telephone, personal contact, community, and civic sponsorships/participation, etc.
• Identify and develop key marketing strategies necessary for district recruitment/enrollment and retention purposes.
• Communicate marketing strategies and plans of action to GCTC administration and staff and ensure responsibilities and roles are clearly defined.
• Supervise the development and distribution of district marketing and promotional materials and ensuring these are professionally completed within a timely and effective manner.
• Develop and/or update the District Communication and Marketing Plan on an annual basis (more often if necessary) and ensure the goals, objectives, and strategies outlined within this plan are aligned with the ODCTE and GCTC Strategic Plans and statewide marketing campaign.
• Develop and oversee the budgetary operations and functions of the Communications and Marketing Services division fiscal budget.
• Stay abreast of state reporting requirements and communicate these to GCTC administration and staff.
• It is expected for the employee to be on time each workday as this is essential to the employee's job.
• Other jobs/tasks as described and requested by the superintendent.
RELATIONSHIPS: Internal: Build harmonious rapport and work cooperatively with all district personnel while fulfilling the duties of the position effectively and efficiently.
External: Assist and communicate with external agencies and/or stakeholders, ODCTE, fellow Oklahoma technology centers, GCTC school partners, and other organization personnel and clients pleasantly and professionally.
"Green Country Technology Center is an equal opportunity institution in accordance with civil rights legislation and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender, age, marital or veteran status, or disability in the operation of its educational programs, activities, recruitment, and admission practices."