Gates Chili CSD
- The Gates Chili Central School District is dedicated to fostering curiosity, growth, and diversity within our school community. The District celebrates and embraces differences and strives to dismantle exclusion, bias, racism, and prejudice of all forms.
- The work involves responsibility for the independent performance of difficult and complex clerical tasks, requiring a high degree of independent judgment and for decision making holding a high consequence of error. The use of a personal computer for word processing and database entry is an integral part of the position. The work is performed in accordance with general instructions regarding objectives, policies and procedures. The work is usually submitted in its final form and is not subject to detailed or immediate review. The employee reports directly to and works under the general supervision of a higher-level employee. General supervision may be exercised over a subordinate staff. Does related work as required.
- Prepares, formats and maintains material such as correspondence and statistical or narrative reports from either a handwritten copy or dictating machine, outline or other detailed instructions;
- Prepares and maintains alphabetical, numerical or personal files;
- Sorts, distributes and files materials in a manual or text management filing system;
- Obtains and gives out information by telephone, correspondence or in person;
- Performs complex electronic searches for information in documents, records and files;
- Compiles, prepares, and inputs a variety of data;
- Analyzes and checks for completeness and accuracy, a variety of complex financial and statistical records and reports;
- Enters and extracts data and information from a data base;
- Enters information onto standard forms such as payroll or production records, authorizations, certifications, etc.;
- Purchases office supplies and monitors expenditures;
- Operates standard office machines such as a computer, copier and fax machine;
- Maintains records of monetary, budgetary or similar transactions;
- Makes computations relating to taxes, budget and salary;
- Supervises or guides subordinates in the performance of their duties;
- Trains subordinates in the procedures and functions of the section.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the District.
- The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
- Limited travel to and from meetings may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of office terminology, practices, procedures, routines and equipment; good knowledge of business arithmetic and English; good knowledge of the techniques involved in record keeping; good knowledge of the techniques involved in establishing and maintaining a filing system; ability to use a personal computer for word processing and database entry; ability to conduct searches for information from various sources; ability to work with forms; ability to perform basic purchasing functions utilizing computer software; ability to monitor expenditures; ability to prepare written communication, arithmetic and standard written reports; ability to operate a variety of office machines; ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions; ability to express oneself clearly; ability to readily acquire familiarity with departmental organization, functions, laws, policies and regulations; ability to deal with the public; good judgment in solving relatively complex clerical problems; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments
- This is a COMPETITIVE position under Monroe County Civil Service.