Professional Development/Curriculum Coordinator
Professional Development/Curriculum Coordinator (Olean)
Salary/Pay Scale: $63,500 Commensurate w/Administrative Experience
Description: Selected candidate will research, plan and implement professional development/training to teachers and administrators within BOCES and/or component school districts. Employees in this title provide curriculum coordination in support of the New York State teaching standards and may have significant influence over curricular programs in district they serve. This position will be assigned 0.8 FTE with Olean City School District and 0.2 FTE with CA BOCES Professional Development. Experience in math curriculum and instruction preferred.
- Planning, coordinating and implementation of New York State Next Generation Learning Standards within each education program as assigned. Assist with aligning standards, curriculum and assessments.
- Research, develop and recommend professional development for teachers and/or administrators with educational related needs as assigned.
- Serve as consultant to districts, design and offer professional development/curriculum programs as needed by districts and/or BOCES.
- Develop and present teacher and/or administrator specific trainings for the purposes of achieving education goals of the district and/or BOCES.
- Remain current with various state and national education standards and best practices. Act as liaison to interpret NYSED policy and curricular changes to component districts and/or BOCES.
- Continually evaluates education programs integrating technology into all aspects of management and presentations. Facilitates & trains teachers in the use of technology in the classroom.
- Provide professional development and curriculum and instructional leadership in collaboration with Program Manager and component district administrators.
- Identify professional development needs of teachers and/or administrators and coordinate activities to meet those needs in collaboration with the Program Manager and component district administrators.
- Serve as facilitator to move educational group through changes, team building and planning, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Assist Program Manager with recruiting, interviewing and recommending candidates for open positions of Instructional Support Staff.
- Assist with planning and recommending budget needs for department and/or component district considering such factors as revenue, expenses, state & federal grants and programming needs.
- Provide guidance to teachers using data that is utilized to improve and differentiate instruction.
- Observe instructional and/or administrative staff and make recommendations regarding teacher and/or principal effectiveness as related to APPR.
- Assist in developing and implementing teacher and/or principal improvement plans.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Program Manager.
- Permanent/Professional NYS teacher certification.
- Three (3) to five (5) years classroom experience.
- Certification as School Building Leader (SBL), School District Leader (SDL), School Administrator/Supervisor (SAS), or School District Administrator (SDA) – OR willingness to obtain.
Deadline: December 1, 2023.
For more details and to apply, please click "Apply Now".